Connectors connect two components. Their name pretty much gives it away, doesn’t it! They are neat little tiny tools that help you connect your speaker to a mobile phone, home theater, or any other device.
Is it as simple as just searching for speaker wire connectors and purchasing the first option that appears, though? Not really! You must be careful to buy good ones so that the signal loss is minimum. This is paramount especially in the case of speaker wire connectors because the signal that travels to the speakers is more powered than the rest. If the connector is not good enough, the signal becomes distorted, and you experience a lot of signal loss. As a result, the output is not great.
In this article, we shall help you by speaking about the best speaker wire connectors available in the market. But, before we get into that, you should know that there are different types of speaker wire connectors. The most popular ones are binding posts, spade lugs, banana plugs, pin plugs, RCA connectors, and XLR connectors. Out of these, banana plugs are the most famous, but binding posts and spade lugs do the job as well. However, pin plugs and RCA connectors are not as popular.
Best Speaker Wire Connectors
Now, let’s get started with our list!
1. Monoprice 109438 Gold Plated Speaker Pin Plugs
These Amazon’s Choice speaker wire connectors are pin plugs. They are ideal not just for speaker wires but also for wall plates, home theaters, and more. Why is it among the most popular connectors?
Read its features to find out:
- Even though they are pin plug connectors, they can accommodate bare wire and spades.
- They can connect 12 to 18 AWG wires.
- To help you use them correctly, they are color-coded black and red.
- They are resistant to corrosion, meaning they will last long.
- They make excellent contact with spring clips and binding posts.
- Each connector has a brass body coated with 24K gold plating.
- These come in packs of 5.
2. Conwork 2mm Banana Plug Screw Type Speaker Wire Connectors
Amazon’s Choice and fairly affordable, the Conwork speaker wire connectors are a steal!
These banana plug connectors are super easy to install, and you can use them for a variety of purposes such as banana wall plates, surround sound systems, amplifiers, and A/V receivers.
Let’s understand their specifications now:
- They are available in 4-packs and 8-packs, enabling you to buy according to your needs.
- The screw-type functionality makes them very easy to use.
- They are of standard size and can fit almost all speakers.
- They are gold-plated. This is an excellent feature because the plating resists corrosion and makes sure that the signal loss is minimal.
- The plugs can accept bare wires too.
- They are color-coded (black and red) to avoid confusion and to ensure that the polarity is not disturbed.
3. CESS Banana Pin Plug Type Speaker Cable Connector
If you are worried about their price, please note that these banana plugs come in packs of 20. For 20 speaker wire connectors, we think you are getting quite a fair deal! It isn’t Amazon’s Choice for nothing! Now, let’s check the features of CESS connectors and see if they are worth the buzz.
Let’s find out more:
- They are screw-type connectors with clear differentiation with red and black colors.
- They are very easy to install and use.
- They are excellent for home theaters, speaker wires, receivers, and more.
- They are perfect for spring-loaded equipment that requires pin, spade, or bare wire connectors and will not accept banana plugs.
- Please note that you have to screw the connectors in for them to stay in place. A few users got confused about the installation and ended up replacing them for no reason.
4. Sewell Silverback Flex Pin Connectors
If you have spring-loaded equipment or terminals and are facing difficulty finding the right connectors, your search ends here. The Sewell 24K gold plated connectors are durable and enable the best signal transfer.
Let’s find out more:
- The connectors are made with copper and have a gold plating.
- They are flex pin connectors and work well with 4mm wire sizes and below.
- They have screws to help you keep the connection secure.
- Users have used these connectors for home theater systems and are very happy with the connections.
- A few users have said that they are wider than they would like, but the solution here is to just squeeze the pair slightly.
- For their price, they are a steal.
5. Generic 520pc Electrical Crimp Terminals Speaker Cable Connector
If you are looking to order lots of connectors with terminals and disconnects, this box is your best buy. It has 520 pieces of various connectors and terminals for you.
Let’s take a closer look:
- They are very handy and easy to use.
- Since there are so many connectors, you can use this box as your go-to as and when required.
- The connectors are of spade butt type. They have multiple purposes and provided super connectivity.
- Some users have said that they are slightly on the expensive end but they are durable and of high quality. This justifies the price tag.
Didn’t we tell you that there are plenty of different types of speaker wire connectors? We were right, weren’t we? The aforementioned ones are our favorites. We hope you make the right choice based on our list. If, however, you have used any other connectors and have loved them, please let us know!