When it comes to banana plugs, one name stands out from the rest: Audioquest. It is one of the most popular brands out there with a plethora of options for you to choose from.
Today, banana plugs have become a part & parcel of life because they help you connect devices and listen to music without the hassle of loose or annoying wires. It is these tiny plugs that can determine the quality of the sound you hear. Is it the best possible or can it be better? Is the quality being compromised just because you want an organized setup? It all depends on the banana plugs you buy.
Audioquest Banana Plugs
Audioquest has multiple happy users across the globe who keep coming back for more as and when they need it. If you are wondering what the buzz is about and whether these banana plugs are really worth it, you have come to the right place.
We have reviewed the Audioquest SureGrip banana plugs in detail for you so that making a choice is simple and confusion-free.
What are the features and specifications of Audioquest banana plugs?
Let’s start with the features of the BFA gold banana plugs pack.
- It has direct gold plating and high-pressure contact system.
- You don’t have to make do with inferior sounds because the wire and the Beryllium copper are directly connected to each other.
- You can use up to 9 AWG cables with these banana plugs.
- The package comes with black labels and an Allen wrench, which means you don’t have to buy anything more to install & use the plugs.
- You also don’t have to worry about distortion because there’s no nickel in the construction of Audioquest banana plugs.
- You can use 12-gauge wire with them.
The pros of Audioquest banana plugs
- They are extremely easy to install.
- The construction is of super high quality. It is durable and reliable.
- The sound quality, we noticed, is better than many other competitors.
- With these banana plugs, your entire set up will look organized and much easier to manage.
- The banana plugs are excellent for audiophiles who love experimenting with their devices and keep switching wires to use the equipment in multiple ways.
The cons of Audioquest banana plugs
- They are expensive. The price tag is one of the biggest pitfalls of these banana plugs. When you compare them to the other options, you will see that they are not really what one would call “affordable.” That is why quite a few people shy away from buying them.
- They are not made for high fidelity signal transmission and audio. They haven’t been built for very high-end purposes, and thus, if this is what you are looking for, Audioquest SureGrip may not be the way to go.
- A few users have said that the screws have not lived up to their expectations. That means that even though, on one end the connection is perfect, the other end suffers massively. We, however, did not face any problem here but we thought we should tell you what a majority of users have experienced.
The verdict about Audioquest banana plugs
Let’s get to the point and understand whether you must buy the Audioquest banana plugs or whether they are just overrated.
According to our experience and usage, we don’t think they are overrated, but we do feel that they are slightly overpriced. The quality and connectivity are great, especially when you compare them with competitors but when you check the overall performance, you may not think that these are the best. For high fidelity transmission, for example, these may disappoint you massively. But for great connectivity, ease of use, and organization, they are perfect.
What should you do then?
Sketch out your needs first. Why are you buying banana plugs? What is your main purpose and what are you looking to accomplish? We are positive that you are an audio freak, but you must understand how much of a freak you actually are. The plugs are perfect for quality audio but not extremely high-quality audio.
Plus, money is a major consideration. Can you afford to spend a little more on banana plugs or do you want to buy cheaper ones?
Once you answer all these questions, you will know whether you should buy the Audioquest banana plugs. We love these plugs, personally, and are using them on a regular basis. They are extremely good and reliable, perfect for our average audio needs.